Opportunity for Production Co-Ordinator
Ark Media are a multi award winning video and animation production company based in Sutton Coldfield, north of Birmingham.
The role is based at our offices in Wrens Court in the heart of Sutton Coldfield town centre close to train and bus links. The role is an initial 12 month contract with the option of becoming permanent.
Salary is dependent on experience but very competitive.
Proposed start September 2021
• Minimum of 3 years experienced working within video production
• Qualities of dealing with young people and an excellent organiser
• Attend an in person interview at Wrens Court
You will be reporting to the Chief Executive.
The role of Production Co-Ordinator is a hybrid role in which you will be working across two different areas of focus.
1) The co-ordination and management of Ark Media’s projects. Working with our Head of Production you will help manage the production team and work with our Pre-Production Coordinator with script development and pre-production on projects, and overseeing our quality control process for final delivery to clients.
2) Working alongside our partners at 104 Films. The role will manage and organise young film makers and be their point of contact for their Film Academy, therefore organisation is crucial. You will project manage across our Film 4 work. It will be your responsibility to ensure the entire process from pre-production through to delivery is smooth. Finally, you will be working on a multi-disciplined project, this will span from video production through to display boards and app development so therefore the ability to communicate with those outside the video production industry is essential.
This position is based both in the office and occasionally on location shoots (as required) and is essential in the project management, delivery and professionalism of the company.
AS OUR PRODUCTION CO-ORDINATOR, YOU WILL:
• Take responsibility in helping to co-ordinate the production department, which includes managing and advising the team.
• Take high level briefs from clients including company owners and senior leaders.
• Be comfortable with budgeting for video production and animation, with a deep understanding of profitability.
• Attend client meetings and briefings.
• Work on pitch and tender documents offering concepts and ideas.
• Be a confident leader and have experience of people development.
• Be an excellent project manager with the ability to multi-task across different disciplines.
• Have experience of production paperwork such as call sheets, permits, releases and contracts.
• Constantly strive to improve processes and practices across the company.
• Be responsible for the training and progression of all production team members.
• Take responsibility for individual project budgets and resource allocation.
YOU WILL BE THE TYPE OF PERSON WHO:
• Has proven leadership experience and management skills.
• Is able to lead and encourage team morale and content excellence.
• Has experience in video production and animation with a passion for the industry.
• Has a deep understanding of production processes and associated software.
• Has superb communication skills, able to communicate not only with team but those outside of the company at all levels.
• Has exceptional organisational skills.
• Is a problem solver who is able to calmly resolve issues in confidence.
• Is highly skilled in project and budget management.
• Can understand corporate client requirements and translate them into a successful project brief.
• Is confident when working with and managing younger film makers.
• Must be a confident communicator.
To apply for this role please visit our CREW Birmingham page here.
You can see some of our previous work here, or our latest showreel below.